Call for EVS volunteer in Libertas
The Digital Youth Magazine Libertas is looking for an EVS volunteer to be based in its office in Skopje, Macedonia. The EVS volunteer will be involved in the overall coordination of the magazine and will work together with Libertas’ team members on creating new exciting issues of Libertas and in spreading the word about it around the world.
The EVS volunteer will be hosted through the Youth in Action Programme of the European Commission. Hosting organization is Youth Association creACTive from Macedonia, and the EI number is 2009-SI-49.
About the magazine
Youth Magazine Libertas was founded in September 2009 as a project of Youth Association creACTive. Libertas aims to be a place where young people from all over the world can share their thoughts and views on topics that matter for them, in this way starting discussions and working as a means of change for the future. Every month, Libertas is published on the 5th, featuring articles about a different main topic and other kinds of articles such as movie, book and music reviews, travel destination, interview and brainstorm. The official web page of the magazine is www.magazinelibertas.com
Tasks and responsibilities
The EVS volunteer will be part of the international team coordinating the magazine. This team includes 10 members based in Macedonia and in other countries, who are responsible for managing the magazine, preparing the issues and updating the web page. Main responsibilities of the EVS volunteer may include, but will not be limited to:
– Promotion of the magazine (social media, preparing newsletters, organizing promotional campaigns);
– IT (helping with our web page and other technicalities that might appear);
– Establishing contacts and cooperation with other magazines/ web sites/ organizations;
– Writing news and updating the web page;
– Preparing feedback to the contributors, regarding the contents and style of their articles;
– Proof-reading of articles (if native or fluent English speaker);
– Supporting the administrative work of the office in Skopje;
– Designing promotional materials, banners and web page elements.
The EVS volunteer is expected to work 30-35 hours during the working week. The daily working hours will be arranged upon volunteer’s arrival. According to the rules of the Youth in Action Programme, the volunteer is entitled to 2 days of holidays per week, and 2 additional holiday days per month.
The EVS project will be implemented under the Youth in Action Programme, which means that the rules of the Youth in Action Programme apply. According to these rules, the candidates have to be aged 18 to 30 years, and be residents of one of the Programme countries: 27 EU member states, EFTA member states (Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland), Switzerland and Turkey.
Previous experience is not necessary, but it would be very helpful particularly in the following areas:
– Media/ online media
– Graphic design
– Web design
By joining our team, you will have a chance:
– To be involved in the management of a growing youth magazine with a worldwide readership;
– To be part of an enthusiastic intercultural team of young people;
– To make links and cooperate with young people from around the world – our team of contributors currently has members from 40 countries;
– To be involved in other projects within the framework of the Digital Magazine Libertas – as we are preparing applications for various international funding opportunities;
– To meet and work together with the other EVS volunteers hosted by the Youth Association creACTive;
– To get involved in other projects and activities of the Youth Association creACTive and of organization’s Cultural Center (www.kc.kreaktiv.mk).
Deadline, selection and application procedure, project duration
You can apply for our hosting project by filling in the application form (click here to download) and sending it by e-mail the latest by the 10th of August 2011. Together with the application form, you are also requested to send us your CV and motivation letter. Please send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection procedure might also include interview by skype, which will be performed the latest by 15th of August. You will receive the results of the selection procedure by the 15th of August.
The project application form will be submitted for funding to the Youth in Action Programme on the 1st of September 2011. The volunteering project will start in January 2012, and will last in a period from 9 to 12 months, depending on the agreement with the EVS volunteer.